You guys. This year is absolutely flying by! With the realization that May is almost here also comes the reminder to get serious about my goals. As promised, I’m here to check in with an update on my goals for 2017. To be honest, I’m not as far along in these goals as I would like to be at this point in the year, but my mantra is “progress over perfection”. Hopefully, you read my 5 Goals for 2017 post at the end of last year. If not, here’s a quick recap & update of my top 5 goals this year:
- Exercise a minimum of 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week – Exercise took a hit at the end of February/early March when we went on vacation. I wanted so badly to stick with it, but I got a little slack. Thankfully, I rediscovered my motivation and have been finding new ways to get those 30 minutes of exercise in. I walk with a few ladies from work several days a week and it has been a great way to stay accountable!
- Read 20 books – At this time, I’ve read 4 books. I’m in the middle of 2 others right now. I’m trying to balance nonfiction with fiction which may be why I’m reading at a slower pace than I would prefer. I plan to spend more time reading on the weekends.
- Try 10 new recipes – I must admit, I have not been pursuing this goal at all. Writing this post reminded me to hold myself accountable, so I planned a new recipe for one of our dinners this week!
- Practice photography – Other than taking photos for a few recent blog posts, I have not dedicated time to practicing my photography. I’m still looking for an e-course that can challenge me with creative photography. Please let me know if you have any suggestions!
- Listen – This may be the most difficult of all my goals. I do struggle to listen intently, so I have been practicing this with family, friends, and co-workers. It’s a process, no doubt!
I hope you’ve enjoyed this update and that it has inspired you to continue pursuing your goals!