Hello, friends! I’ve recently taken a bit of a hiatus here on the blog, but I have a pretty good reason. Are you ready for my big announcement? Many of you already know and I have waited far too long to post on the blog…we’re having a baby! Brett and I are beyond excited to be on this journey together. Every day I thank God for the miracle of life and feel truly humbled at the opportunity to be a mother to this little gift.My sweet friend, Katherine, knitted this little plush kitten and I’m obsessed!
Generally, I’m fairly private when it comes to my pregnancy (particularly on social media), but I do want to document updates here along the way. Today, I thought I would share my answers to a handful of some of the more common questions I am asked when I tell people I’m pregnant.
- How far along are you? 18 weeks!
- When is your due date? So, I’ll go ahead and let you know I will be referring to this date as my “guess date” from here on out as that removes the mental pressure and expectation of a specific birth date. Guess date = December 21st. That’s right…a Christmas baby.
- Do you know the gender yet? We will know in 3 weeks and I cannot wait! I promise to share here on the blog once we find out!
- Do you have any cravings? Umm. Is everything a craving? Seriously, I mostly crave savory foods over sweet, which means all. the. carbs. I’ve been focusing on eating more vegetables in my second trimester since I kind of threw my normal diet out during the first 12-14 weeks. I also joined the YMCA, so my activity has increased. Exercise has been super enjoyable for me lately, so let’s hope that continues!
- How do you feel? Honestly, I feel amazing. I consider myself extremely fortunate because I feel better pregnant than before I was pregnant. My hormones seem more balanced (crazy, right?!) and I have more confidence. I get tired earlier in the evenings than before, but falling asleep on the couch has sort of become a ritual, haha. Overall, I love being pregnant!
- Have you thought of any names yet? We have and I think we’ve settled on a couple options for either gender, but it’s definitely difficult when you don’t know whether you’re having a boy or girl. We’ll be able to decide in a few weeks and that’s very exciting!
- How will this change the blog? For the record, no one has asked this question, but I want my readers to know what they can expect from this new chapter of life. I will have regular posts under the category of “Motherhood” ranging from registry items to nursery DIYs. Additionally, I plan to have regular posts after our baby is born regarding helpful tips and parenting experience. I don’t want the blog to change drastically, but I’m open to whatever direction it takes over the next year or so. I will still be providing content you expect from a lifestyle blog, with an added feature for motherhood.
Lastly, I want to offer my deepest sympathy for mothers who have experienced loss of a child and those women who desperately long for motherhood with no results. I can’t imagine your pain, but I do know that your hurt has purpose and your story is impactful. You are never alone and I pray God meets you in the midst and carries you, peacefully, to a place of comfort and joy.